about 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company represents a global brand who offer sustainability and climate change solutions to businesses around the world.
Our client is a global leader in advising companies on climate policy, project development and impact assessment for renewable energy financing / investments.
This hire can be based out of the London, Amsterdam or Stockholm offices.
This new hire in the team will be responsible for creating bespoke energy solutions to corporate clients who are looking to improve their emissions, RE targets, efficiency or sustainability.
The successful candidate will take a lead on projects and coordinate a global team of renewable energy consultants. Prior management / project lead experience is a prerequisite.
A technical background that has crossed over into consulting / management consulting would be looked upon favourably.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Play a leading role in shaping the company’s strategy for RE services and identify the needed resources
- Create relevant RE products and consulting services which respond to new trends and needs
- Source and develop a portfolio of direct RE supply and potential investments
- Understand market trends and clients' needs and structure a consistent approach to communicate to the Key Account Management team
- Manage and coordinate proposals for opportunities on all RE services
- Supervise the implementation of mandates within RE services, providing guidance to project managers and ensuring quality of the deliverables
- Lead a small team of experts
- Minimum a Master's degree, ideally in Environmental Sciences, RE, Energy Policy or related disciplines
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in consultancy or other client-service based positions
- Experience in the development of corporate renewable energy strategies
- Knowledge of the energy sector in general and green electricity sector in particular, including regulatory development, energy economics, electricity generation and project development
- Experience and knowledge in energy efficiency measures, assessments and implementation are advantageous
- Familiarity with financial analysis, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), RE investments, renewable energy offtake agreements and business models
- Be familiar with socio-economic and environmental dimensions of RE projects
- Commercial skills and good business sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline, with multidisciplinary teams as well as independently
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in team management, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- Excellent oral and written command of English
- Willingness to travel
- National, or holder of a valid required work visa in host country