over 1 year ago
A global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services in the Energy sector.
The Senior Consultant – Energy Storage will be focused on delivering services in the renewable energy sector as both Owner’s Engineer and Independent Engineer, including feasibility, design, technical due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance testing, performance and operational services, as well as winning and delivering new projects across the globe.
- Deliver projects in Australia, Asia and globally
- Assist with and coordinate the production of proposals and winning new work
- Project manage large and/or complex pieces of work
- Contribute to growth, taking on new responsibilities in markets or sectors and supporting the smooth running of the team.
- Collaborate with the wider teams across the Group, including technical head, country heads, and service leads
- Play an active role in the development of the renewable energy business and team in Australia Setting the standard
- Developing in-house tools for delivering and managing work effectively
- Contributing towards the establishment of company policy and standard positions pertaining to specific technical matters frequently raised by our clients
- Establishing guidelines for consultants to follow and training them to achieve a consistent approach/output
- Ability to offer definitive advice on electrical issues based on knowledge, experience and sound judgement
- World-class expertise in a specific aspect of renewable energy technology or application would be an advantage
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering required.
- Strong experience in the design and construction of electrical systems for utility scale renewable energy assets with a minimum of 5 years and preferably 10 years’ career experience .
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status, RPEQ preferable
- Demonstrated aptitude in consulting/managing clients/service delivery; specific experience within the renewable energy sector preferable and prior experience working at an engineering consultancy in similar roles would be highly regarded
- Experience with project budgets and cost estimations
- An understanding of typical project structures and their associated contracts and agreements
- Good knowledge of relevant Australian and international technical standards and working practices
- Experience with the primary design, construction and operation of HV/MV substations and systems
- Knowledge of secondary systems, including metering, control and protection is highly desirable
- Good understanding of NER and familiarity with the grid connection process in Australia
- Specific knowledge of inverter-based power conversion systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of DC systems and equipment desirable
- Knowledge of steady state and transient power system studies and simulation software including PSS/E, DigSILENT Powerfactory, ETAP, etc would be highly regarded
- Knowledge of related technologies including solar, wind and energy storage would be beneficial
- Ability to communicate and report on technical findings, summarising key results and impacts for non-technical audiences
- Strong appreciation of the technical, contractual and commercial aspects of delivering successful projects
You will be based in our office in Sydney or Melbourne