6 months ago
A leading international renewable energy developer are currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join their growing commercial team in Sydney.
You will work across large-scale battery storage projects, as well as some Solar PV and Wind projects helping to ensure that business cases for investment opportunities are accurate and consistent. You will take ownership and drive the process from concept stage to final board approval stage. You will prospect for new customers and work through technical, contractual and financial elements. You will also close transactions and achieve positive financial results for the business.
This is a great opportunity to join a truly global player in an exciting, ever moving marketplace
You will be responsible for the following:
· Perform due diligence and feasibility studies for new business activities & acquisition opportunities
· Monitor the energy storage and project development market globally and share learnings with global energy storage team to ensure best practice.
· Contribute to new product development and localisation of the energy storage innovation road map.
· Compile business, pipeline and project performance reports for the Energy Storage business as requested by management.
· Form and build strategic relationships and partnering opportunities with key contractors and third parties.
· Evaluate and manage RFP processes and bid strategy and development to closure.
· Work with transaction and analytical members of the Commercial Team involved in legal, debt and equity functions.#
Requirements from you:
· Experience in the Australian renewable energy sector
· Project finance modelling experience in renewable energy
· Valuation metrics and methodologies
· Dynamics of energy supply chain and procurement
· Functionality of electricity markets
· Experience of using analytical techniques
· Advanced Excel skills for financial modelling & forecasting
· C-suite level communication abilities and ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
· Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics