28 days ago
A leading international renewable energy developer are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to develop their business in new markets across Australia. It will be your task as Senior Business Development Manager to expand the renewable energy footprint of the company across the country
Your primary focus as Senior Business Development Manager is to identify and follow up on renewable energy (primarily solar and wind) opportunities for the company in Australia and evaluate projects which have been presented to the company.
This role will also involve you creating development agreements & partnerships with designated partners. You will be expected to be fully mobile and to be flexible to travel internationally regularly.
· Use business insight and critical thinking to influence management on the pursuit of business opportunities
· Evaluate projects to determine the appropriateness to invest in projects from a technical and business perspective.
· Coordinate the due-diligence process in order to evaluate project viability.
· Work with the commercial team and others in support of the project investment process.
· Manage the close out of project development activities and project delivery through the financial close process.
· Negotiate agreements in order to secure and deliver renewable energy projects.
· Manage the handover of developed projects to the company project delivery team.
· Set up the businesses’ presence in new markets.
· Recruit local employees and assist management in creating governance structures which will represent & protect the company in the market and deliver on objectives.
Skills, Education & Experience:
· Degree qualified in a relevant subject
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business development function essential
· Self-starter with the ability to make viable commercial decisions.
· First class Project Management skills with a highly organised approach to work.
· Experience in environmental assessments and/or any aspect of power generation development projects an advantage.
· Ability to be decisive and to work on your own initiative.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills and
· Competent in presenting to management at all levels.
· Capable of managing internal and external resources and leading meetings
· Ability to use Microsoft software
· Full driving licence