Up to £75,000 + bonus/ commission
7 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside an award-winning energy tech company who connect customers to their in-house trading and data centres as a part of revolutionising the UK energy industry.
This client has built a reputation for delivering beneficial change in the energy market and developing technical innovation to drive sustainability. Much of this success is built off the back of the commercial team that strengthens strong bonds with customers and enhances their experience. As such, they are searching for a Senior Business Development Manager with UK power origination experience to join the team.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter, with entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to get stuck in to grow the client’s portfolio in the renewable energy market. In this high-profile role you will be collaborating closely with Trading, Commercial Finance, Tech, Legal, Risk and our counterparts to ensure our commercial agreements are optimal and compliant.
- Originate, progress and close new business in the UK physical power purchase agreement market.
- Leverage your network to develop and maintain strategic relationships with target counterparties and partners to enable deal flow and lead generation.
- Increase the client’s presence across target renewable energy verticals.
- Develop and lead negotiating strategies on a variety of commercial agreements.
- Challenge the status-quo by identifying, analysing and leveraging data and industry trends to create new business opportunities, strategies and fee structures.
- Significant experience in a UK power commercial or trading environment with demonstrable experience of taking opportunities from discovery to deal close.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of UK power markets and renewable generators.
- Experience in negotiating physical power purchase agreements in the renewable generation sector.
- Experience influencing a range of senior and executive level stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Natural networker - ability to build and maintain a network of contacts internally & externally.
- Proven record of working collaboratively across multiple teams to deliver complex projects and commercial results, with the ability to receive and provide respectful challenge.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline and target orientated environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills such that you can complete analytical tasks autonomously.
- Experience with flexible renewable generators and bringing these to the Balancing Mechanism
- Comprehensive network in the UK renewable generation market, particularly in the wind sector