TBC - £70,000 - £80,0000 indicative range
4 months ago
Excellent opportunity to join a global renewable energy company as they scale their global, mutli-technology, renewable portfolio. This newly formed position bridges the gap between the investment team and the company board-level strategy.
The main responsibilities are two fold. This hire will be reponsible for collating new investment proposals into carefully curated investment memos to present to the senior management team.
The team are undergoing massive global expansion with a large pipeline of prospective renewable projects all over the globe.
In addition, this role has a large strategy component. As the company enters new markets and renewable technologies, there will be a focus on governance, reporting, and a close link to the group accounting function.
This position sits within the newly formed Decision Support team.
You would have responsibility for day-to-day management of the renewables investments, managing key decisions, e.g investment decisions, M&A and monthly reporting to Group Management. You will also be involved with the integration activities of new platform acquisitions and setting up and managing the business platform processes.
Your key tasks will be to:
- Perform and coordinate the preparation of materials for the Investment Committee, the Board of Directors, etc.
- Manage the business case controlling process for investment into projects at various decision gates
- Production of various analyses and presentations for our top management
- Handle performance management and monthly reporting to Group Management
- Innovate and continuously improve, adopting best practice from multiple entities to adapt to the evolving requirements of the new BU
- Manage and coordinate integration activities for platform aquisitions
- Experience in similar rolesfrom top-tier firms in investment banking, strategy consulting or law, with a motivation for moving into renewables
- High proficiency in Excel modelling and PowerPoint presentations (composing your findings for presentation to senior executives)
- Strong ability to summarise material to deliver high quality reports to senior executives
- Able to focus on the key issues, meet deadlines and think strategically, commercially and critically
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset (‘think like an owner’), are a self-starter and are highly detail-oriented
- Strong academic background and speak and write English fluently.
Indicative salary range: £70,000 - £80,000.
Please submit your resume for immediate review.