9 months ago
TGRC are working closely with a US based solar pv development company in Virginia who have successfully developed and deployed over 100 utility scale solar projects across North America.
The senior accountant position will report to the Company’s Controller and will support our accounting, tax, budget, and financial reporting functions. A successful candidate would be a highly energetic and hardworking self-starter who must demonstrate an attention to detail and have excellent accounting and record-keeping skills.
- Managing the accounting for multiple entities and projects, including financial reporting and management of cash flows.
- Working closely with business development and delivery teams to ensure seamless work in progress tracking and reporting.
- Assist with accounting and reporting software integration and coordinate ongoing utilization and continuous learning with the IT department.
- Performing monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations.
- Managing monthly journal entries and schedules for multiple entities.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assisting with month-end and year-end close procedures, including consolidation for multiple entities.
- Researching technical accounting literature and assisting in preparations of technical memos.
- Assisting with creation, refinement and implementation of accounting policies & procedures.
- Helping develop internal processes, metrics, and business decision-making.
- Working on cross team initiatives and seeking out efficiencies for other areas important for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (MS in Accounting or BA) and 3+ years of experience as a staff or public accountant (preferably Big 4)
- CPA certification (received or in progress) required
- Highly proficient with Excel
- User level of Accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage, NetSuite, etc.) experience is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Honest, reliable, self-aware and conscientious
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills