£50,000 - £75,000 dependent on experience
9 months ago
A large multinational with over 100k employees. It is a leader in the Battery Energy Storage area. The company has been responsible for developing some of the largest battery storage projects in the world and they are growing their London office. This role will be based in London but have scope to cover the UK, Europe and South Africa
Reporting to Global Head of Technical Sales.
- Analyze the request by the customer (RFQ) or public bid and develop the technical and economic proposal for turnkey solution of battery Energy Storage System, Photovoltaic Power Plant, Microgrid and/or PCS, PMS, EMS supply.
- Prepare the sizing and technical configuration of the BESS, PV, Microgrid as best fit to RFQ or the bid.
- Provide Technical support to the Sales team in the negotiation with the customer.
- Liaise with Sales Headcount to define value proposition in the region.
- Interact with corporate engineering, R&D and purchasing department to evaluate cost, technology and to select partner and suppliers.
- Prepare the technical documentation (datasheet, technical specification, product and EPC warranties) and the cost estimation for any project in the region.
- Support Contract Manager, Legal Dept. and Sales in the definition of the scope of supply and contractual conditions (product warranty, system warranty, EPC, performance warranty, project schedule warranty) to be included in the contract.
The position will require domestic and international travels as well as frequently site/plant travel,
- Bachelor of Engineering
- MBA (preferable)
- Minimum 5 year of experience in proposal engineer or sales engineers in utility scale renewable energies, EPC projects;
- Proven experience with Utilities, IPP, Developers, TSOs, DSOs, DoE, DoD;
- Proven experience to work in multinational environment
- High level of commitment and responsiveness
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Proven expertise in grid codes, energy and power intensive BESS application, PCS and Power Management System
Proficiency with computer programs/software (Microsoft Office)