11 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a large, independent energy supplier in their expansion plans. The business is part of a global group and has sustained continuous growth over the last ten years. They are expanding into new markets and enhancing their customer base that has naturally seen a growth in headcount. They specialize in supplying energy to businesses of all sizes, being one of the largest in the b2b space in the UK. They put the customer at the forefront of their operations, which sees them challenge, develop and invest in their staff whilst continuing to grow and build a European retail organization. They need people with ambition, a passion to succeed and a creative drive to bring innovation to the energy space.
The firm holds their values at the core of everything that they do. They have a consultative approach to their customers, understand the requirements and challenges at hand and identify how they can add value. A passion for excellence, growth and learning they are committed to making hires for individuals that are looking for a long-term career. They encourage new ideas in how they do business and this role will have influence on the division for years to come.
- Propose and develop enhancement to periodic reporting for the benefit of senior management.
- Involved in the approval of new products, businesses and trading strategies
- Provide the single point of contact for the companies authorities, polices compliance, and administration of Risk policy;
- Support the identification and assessment of operational risk incidents using the Incident Management System (IMS) to support commercial development and maintain risk oversight
- Support and develop risk systems and infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of Key Risk Measures, including sourcing of data in a sustainable way.
- Maintaining a Risk register by capturing and assessing all business risks on a comparative basis. Clearly map these risks to their mitigating controls and actions. Monitoring the effectiveness of these controls and the compliance with the mitigation plans
- Implementation of Risk control principles including the design and implementation of processes and procedures and application of segregation of duties/independence principles
- Manage the robust implementation of business projects that impact risk indicators and adapt to changing business processes to ensure we can continue to adequately control, monitor and provide timely and accurate risk reporting
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Project management experience or working as part of a large project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with queries and build relationships with internal and external parties.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work.
- A clear and effective communicator, persuasive in inter-personal communication.
- The initiative to propose solutions and to take action independently and the confidence to effectively challenge the status quo.
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually.
- Driven, ambitious, self-starter who can grasp a concept quickly and deliver a reasoned investigation and analysis
- Ability to identify areas of improvements to optimise efficiency
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and work under pressure