9 days ago
We are delighted to be exclusively representing an exciting breakthrough clean energy firm in their search for a Risk Manager.
The firm are pioneers for the utility-scale energy storage sector who develop, construct and operate projects across North America. The growing portfolio of projects are centered in New York, Texas and right across the US.
As a result of accelerated growth, the company now needs to hire a Risk Manager who will be responsible for determining the types of risks that could affect the firm's financial health and/or reputation. This is a brand new role that has become critical now the company is expanding rapidly.
This individual will provide hands-on development of risk models including market, credit, and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support.
Strong analytical skills are essential including (real option analysis), VaR (value at risk), decision tree, etc.
Experience managing risk for energy development portfolio's, origination desks and trading houses is desirable. Also perhaps a professional working with O&G/similar who wants to transition to a market leading clean energy firm.
- Designs and implements an overall risk management process for the organization, including an analysis of the financial impacts when risks occur
- Performs risk evaluations for applicable departments, with an initial focus on commercial, market operations, development, construction, and procurement
- Performs ongoing quantitative financial risk assessments in the key areas of the company, and facilitates fully informed decision making with respect to investments in, e.g., commercial, development, construction, procurement, and market operations
- Prepares monthly reports for the Management Team and Board
- Works with stakeholders to develop and manage risk management policies
- Work with third-party insurance providers to understand appropriate types and levels of insurance coverage, oversee policy administration and claims processing
- Reviews any new major internal business proposals, providing risk assessment and analysis input for the Investment Committee
- Provides support and training within the company
- All other duties as required
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate and/or post-graduate degree in Risk Management, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, or Law preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management in relevant industry
- Strong analytical skills equipped with ROA (real option analysis), VaR (value at risk), decision tree, etc.
- Extremely detail-focused
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Background in trading or knowledge of electricity markets is a plus