£30,000 basic + package
over 1 year ago
The primary purpose of the Risk Analyst role is to assist with the on-going identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, reporting and management of the all risks associated with all businesses within the division. Risks Include Market Risk, Credit Risk, Pricing Risk, Product Risk, Legal Risk and Regulatory Risk amongst others.
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Risk Analyst. The firm has offices on multiple continents with an excellent reputation.
- In conjunction with the Risk Manager, Markets & Limits, design, implement and maintain a set of comprehensive Retail Limits and Regional Risk Management Policies and Procedures to ensure that retail risks are managed within their bounds, in line with risk appetite, and in conformance with Global Group Policy and Procedures.
- In conjunction with the Credit Manager, design, implement and maintain a set of comprehensive Retail Credit Risk Policies and Procedures and ensure that credit risk and credit support (both provided and received) is managed within their bounds, in line with risk appetite, and in conformance with Global Group Policy and Procedures.
- Communicate and provide management reports relating to all appropriate risks to appropriate internal and Group stakeholders on a timely basis (Including Senior Managers from Sector, Division and Group level)
- Develop operational and financial risk management tools including the development of risk metrics & KPIs.
- Assist management in identifying, quantifying and managing risk using applicable quantitative, operational and financial risk management tools.
- Produce and circulate routine risk reports and effectively communicate the key messages of these reports.
- Advise on hedging and trading strategy decisions that affect the position management of the Retail Business.
- Ensure compliance with the global and regional market, credit, operational, legal and regulatory risk management policies.
- Review pricing methodologies and models for compliance with group policy.
- Confirm prices to be utilised for the purposes of fair valuing derivative instruments.
- Provide information for financial reporting purposes e.g. IAS39.
- Ensure compliance with all legal & regulatory requirements both internal and external.
- Assist the UK Risk Management team in its routine reporting and daily tasks.
- Carry out ad hoc analysis as required.
- Conscientious, practical approach, with strong problem solving skills
- Able to see the commercial consequences of decisions – thinks about and plans for positive commercial impact
- Highly numerate with strong quantitative analysis ability
- Is aware of impact on others and is an excellent communicator – verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, able to influence and persuade others and deliver success through others
- Has the personal stature and capability to influence a broad range of people; including key decision makers
- Able to manage conflicting and demanding priorities, with excellent organisational skills
- Strong user of MS Excel essential.