4 months ago
Coordinate direct activities and individuals involved with the inquiring, procuring, expediting goods and services such as raw materials, major equipment, parts, supplies, and other materials etc. associated with the supplied power plant equipment (ex. Boilers, Gas Turbine and Steam Turbine Projects) and field services.
- Understand, establish and issue Request for Proposal (RFP) for Boiler parts, Auxiliary equipment, Balance of Plant (BOP), operations and field service procurements.
- Establish, evaluate, and select suppliers to develop a qualified supplier base.
- Review and evaluate monthly global sourcing data to make decisions that support company direction and growth.
- Manage contracts to verify vendor compliance to contract requirements.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Establish long-term agreements with suppliers.
- Support major procurement activities including procurement of capital equipment and new projects.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Provide support to upper management in effort to meet corporate goals, objectives and projects.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Travel: up to 20%
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and preferred Master Degree; with least ten (10) years of directly related experience in the power generation industry. Turbine balance of plant and HRSG Equipment procurement experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, to include fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K Matching).
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement and on-the-job training.
- Paid vacation and 11 Paid holidays per year.
- Committed to quality product and services.
- Great working environment and culture.
- Employee Appreciation Programs and Events.