Competitive Salary (DOE)
Charlie Wilkes Green
about 1 year ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
Renewables Operations Grid Services Engineer - Cork, Ireland
My client are a leading international developer of Renewable Energy projects. They are recruiting for an ‘Operations Grid Services Engineer’ to join their Operations Grid Services team. The team is responsible for operating wind, solar and storage assets.
For this role, you must be an Electrical Engineer.
This role supports both Operations Grid Services and HV Systems Asset Management
Within HV Systems Asset Management:
- Develop and manage HV Maintenance strategies for all Asset Management
- Audit HV maintenance works for compliance with H&S documentation, BS standards, Switching plans, Operating procedures etc.
- Schedule and manage works completed by HV Contractors and manufactures on all Assets managed
- Handle HV Governance for substations, collection systems, turbines, batteries and solar plants.
- Act as point of reference for all HV and LV Electrical issues
- Act as Electrical point of reference on Substation, Turbine, battery and solar HV and LV Electrical issues
- Liaising and co-ordinating with Customers, contractor and Grid Operators
- As an Operations Grid Services Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Technical advice for all Grid Services assets.
- Manage settlement and reporting activities under DS3 System Services Agreements including verification of DS3 statements, reconciliations of under/over payments and submissions of claims
- Manage relationship with TSO regarding DS3 reporting, performance management and contract settlement and assisting customers in disputes with the TSO
- Administration and management of obligations under the DS3 System Services Agreement for all Grid Services assets
- Prepare monthly DS3 operational reports and interfacing with customers.
- Utilisation of Greenbyte Energy Cloud SCADA and OEM SCADA systems.
- Support DS3 contracts tender applications, clarifications, technical schedules etc.
- Support DS3 compliance testing and grid code compliance testing for the assets.
- MUST Have a University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a related area of the power/ transmission or renewable sector and a clear affinity with renewable projects.
- Experience in HV Electrical Maintenance of Transformers, HV Substations, Switchgear or electrical power installations.
- Strong technical capabilities and experience in the area of SCADA telecommunications, control and monitoring systems integration and grid code compliance.