2 months ago
My client has a portfolio of large-scale renewables projects across wind, hydro and solar in 12 countries globally. Currently undergoing a period of significant growth their energy mandate has expanded into regions of Asia-Pacific as they look to build out their pipeline of work in Indonesia. As project financier your role will be to facilitate various renewables projects transactions by analysing various debt and equity options in the pursuit of supporting all acquisitions and divestures.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential project investors within the equity fund and banking communities and develop strategies to build up our utility-scale renewables generation project pipeline in Indonesia and APAC; propose, facilitate, and close project finance solutions
- Create and maintain complex project finance models for internal and external parties to evaluate renewable energy projects during various stages of development, construction, and operation on an individual and portfolio basis
- Specifically synthesize and model terms of construction loans, tax equity bridge loans, and sponsor equity with back-leverage loans in time and yield-based partnership flip structures
- Review project documentation and third-party reports, including PPAs, financing term sheets and agreements, IE reports, etc., and accurately integrate assumptions into financial models
- Manage closing process, including coordinating reviews and approvals across multi-functional teams, to bring the transaction to financial close under tight timeframes
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of project finance, corporate finance, or investment banking experience in renewable energy or similar industry
- Deep familiarity with project finance structures, including partnership flips, construction financing
- Demonstrated ability to bring closure to complex and high value business transactions under tight timeframes; investment banking experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams, including managing the financial, legal, and internal review and approval process to successfully close transactions
- Strong communication skills with proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving and dynamic environment
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.