18 days ago
Our client is looking for a Head of Energy Trading. The role will be focused on risk management for clients across the Energy portfolio, supporting with analysis of the wholesale energy and regulatory markets providing simplicity and clarity to the increasingly complex marketplace. You will interpret data and produce customer reports and bespoke analysis, presenting findings via written reports and direct customer presentations.
- Undertake analysis of wholesale markets - both fundamental and technical.
- Manage flexible purchase transactions and strategy execution
- Data analysis and problem solving
- Model validation and audit work
- Exposure forecast implementations (volume/value)
- Discuss the energy markets in detail and explain why prices movements are occurring
- Building and maintaining relationships with the clients including holding face to face client meetings
- Provide training and support to analysts and administrators
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the energy sector (trading/risk role)
- Understanding of the UK energy markets and cross commodity drivers, including energy regulation
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Highly numerate with sound mathematical aptitude, analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- A Self-motivated starter and team player, who is persuasive, logical and able to influence others positively.
- Confidence to action/challenge purchasing decisions.
- Very strong Excel (lookups, pivot tables);
- Adept with platforms such as Reuters & Spectron.