over 1 year ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large energy consultancy in a newly established role.
The Renewable Energy Manager is accountable for developing and implementing a range of renewable energy services to public sector customers. The Renewable Energy Manager will have profit & loss accountability for this ‘incubator’ area of the business with the goal of delivering services through a combination of internal resources and supply chain. The primary focus will be on large-scale renewable energy offerings (e.g. solar farms and wind farms) which may be customerowned or contracted through Power Purchase Agreements. There will also be involvement in smaller scale renewable energy offerings, such as rooftop solar. The Renewable Energy Manager will manage relationships with key external and internal stakeholders, being flexible to evolve the range of services we offer. The successful candidate will have a track record in delivering or facilitating commercial renewable energy solutions.
- Develop and present business cases for the implementation of new renewable energy services, including full cost and revenue modelling.
- Oversee the implementation of new renewable energy services using a combination of internal resources and external suppliers.
- Write and implement a business plan for the renewable energy service offering.
- Monitor and report on progress against the business plan.
- Manage the profit and loss for this ‘incubator’ area of the business.
- Manage the supply chain to ensure successful set up and delivery of services.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with key customer groups who will benefit from the successful delivery of the renewable energy services. • Understand, interpret and deliver key stakeholder requirements.
- Working with the management team to ensure cohesive working relationships are maintained across the Energy division.
- Ensuring the procurement and contracting elements of the services comply with public sector procurement requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the energy sector (PPA sales experience)
- Understanding of the UK energy markets.
- Experience in sucessfully carrying out a business plan.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills - both written and verbal
- A Self-motivated starter and team player, who is persuasive, logical and able to influence others positively.
- Confidence to action/challenge purchasing decisions.