10 months ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
We are delighted to be working with an exceptional Engineering Consultancy in their search for a Renewables Engineer to be based in Brighton, UK. The business operates internationally, we are recruiting into their renewable energy department to support the development and asset management of infrastructure for electricity. The business helps mitigate risk associated with the wind and solar installation process, helping to identify critical elements of projects.
- Manage high profile Independent Engineering and Technical Advisory projects for project financing, sales and acquisitions primarily for solar projects and portfolios (including wind).
- Perform site visits during construction and operation and perform monthly construction monitoring site visits to review progress against technical specifications, budget and milestone schedule. Compile and review site visit reports and monthly construction monitoring reports.
- Support and compile and complete IE and TA reports and summarize key results and conclusions. Ensure a quality of work that meets and exceeds client expectations. Integrate all review sections from the business and subconsultants’ multi-disciplinary team and ensure that the technical and commercial analysis is consistent throughout sections.
- Support the prepare proposals detailing scope of work, team, budget and schedule for completion.
- Work with internal resources, associate project managers, project managers, as well as sub-consultants. Ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Work with Lenders and Developers as the main client interface for the business. Attend client meetings with lenders and developers as needed.
- Represent the business at conferences and business development meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience (5 years or above) in the solar PV industry, preferable on consultancy. Additional experience on Wind or Solar PV Project development would be positively evaluated.
- Good understanding of wind & solar technology with experience in the review of main wind & PV related equipment (PV modules, inverters, trackers and other main equipment in the BOS of a solar PV Project).
- Demonstrable experience handling utility scale wind & solar PV Projects with experience on PV Project design, familiar with the review of typical contracts for solar PV projects including EPC, O&M, PPAs, Asset management Contracts and Credit Agreements.
- Experience defining and reviewing provisional acceptance and commissioning requirements for solar PV Projects.