Up to £50,000 basic
over 2 years ago
The Generation Team is responsible for the management of the design and installation of the civil engineering, electrical aspects of our renewable energy projects along with electrical installations including solar farms, wind farms, gas plants, battery storage and EV charge points. This role will involve identifying grid options for generation and electrical projects via discussion with DNO's or through the use of subcontractors. Assessing technical feasibility of generation projects with the use of preparatory software such as PVSyst and PV sol, identify and negotiate with contractors to provide budget proposals, for input into financial modelling. Communicate with Ofgem, DNO’s, National Grid and NICEIC to keep compliance with latest changes to regulations.
Negotiation with the DNO’s & GT’s on technical requirements contained in the electrical or gas grid offers and connection agreements, including Flexible grid connections, export limited schemes, private wire and demand side response. Negotiate with ICP and EPC contractors, provide RFQ’s and customers requirements.
Define the technical requirements for electrical design, managing project grid connections from the early feasibility through to the contract and construction phase. You will have knowledge of generation and ancillary equipment such as control systems, transformers, cables and switchgear and have experience with electrical design of renewable energy projects including, solar PV, battery storage, EV charge point connections. You will also support the O&M team with response to technical enquiries.
You will be responsible for -
- Preparation of feasibility assessments for new generation and BESS sites to ensure electrical gas grid capacity is available
- Prepare design and drawings, including SLD’s
- Develop the connection options and prepare grid connection applications
- Identify and notify development team of any potential grid issues and advising potential options available
- Liaison with NGET, DNO’s, GT’s & OFGEM on grid connection issues
- Review offers and negotiate conditions in relation to contracts and grid connections
- Carry out technical survey of a site
- Provide generation proposal to fit with customers’ requirements and electricity demand
- Provide proposal design and drawings
- Assisting in producing tenders and quote comparisons
- Implementing and review of electrical and gas system designs
- Manage the overall electrical design process via 3rd party specialists
- Escalate any risks and problems whilst communicating with transmission system operators and Distribution Network Operators
- Identify and coordinate interfaces of grid connections with other disciplines
- Ensuring the electrical and gas designs are kept on time and proper communication is maintained
- Management of the project electrical and gas designers and contractors during the construction phase and ensure the project is built on time and on budget
- Regionally based operating out of an office base in Stroud. Travel to sites required with an onsite presence during the initial survey through to the construction phase
- Conformity to all current regulations and standards required both during and following construction
- Assist the planning team with technical input
- Assist the O&M team with technical input
- Assist Electric Highway team with technical input
- Assist Smart Grids team with technical input. Regular reporting and updating to Head of Generation - highlighting risks, issues and impacts, incorporating suggested solutions
- Candidates should hold a higher education qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experienced in the regimes for wind power and transmission in the United Kingdom including the electrical design of wind, solar farms and battery storage.
- AD and biogas experience
- Knowledge of wind turbines and solar PV installations and their control system, such as HV and LV transformers, cables, switchgear and SCADA.
- Knowledge of G99, G100, ENA and Transmission application process.
- Knowledge of BESS installations.
- Knowledge of grid services such as DSR and flexibility.
- Proven project management and delivery skills.
- Preparation of contract documentation.
- Budget control.
- Ability to work independently with remote management and take responsibility for project delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines without compromising safety or quality.
- Strong communication skills particularly verbal communication.
- Computing skills including PV syst and PV sol, MS office & MS project.
- Construction experience, knowledge of CDM and relevant Health & Safety practices.
- Full UK driving license.