7 months ago
Looking to join a team that has a history as one of North America’s top renewable energy and transmission providers? How about a worldwide group that is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters, and communities in which it works?
Our client focuses primarily on wind and transmission, with investments in other generation technologies. Currently, they are seeking an experienced individual for a project management role to provide management and technical support for development and construction activities of utility scale renewable projects across the U.S.
Responsibilities (30-50% North American Travel)
- Technical due diligence and budget review of wind, solar and high voltage transmission project during development phase.
- Work with preconstruction and development groups in the solicitation, bid evaluation, contract review and award of construction services contracts for projects.
- Ensure division of responsibility is coordinated between equipment suppliers, stakeholders, EPC contractor and turbine supplier.
- Guarantee schedule and delivery provisions of major equipment agreements that are compatible with project needs and EPC contract documents.
- Review construction documents for timeliness, completeness, and compliance with utility interconnect agreements, PPAs, land lease agreements, and environmental permits.
- Participate in the management of third-party technical engineering support of project work, relating to the design and performance of major equipment.
- Throughout construction, account for safety, quality, cost, schedule, and negotiation until project is completed.
- Provide project interface with management and construction lenders. Furnish weekly and monthly reports and status updates as required.
- Liaison with Independent Engineer’s for design and construction review of active construction projects. Review and comment on Independent Engineer’s due diligence reports for active construction projects as well as development opportunities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or construction/project management
- Five to ten years of experience in the power industry
- Basic understanding of construction and engineering concepts.
- Significant experience managing utility scale wind projects.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately complete multi-million-dollar construction projects.
- Familiarity with wind project access roads, wind turbine foundations, transmission and distribution equipment, overhead and underground cable installation, reactive power compensation equipment, and SCADA systems.
- Quality transmission management experience. Solid field experience is desired.
- Solar experience is a plus.