4 months ago
We are working on behalf of a world leading Solar PV IPP who are currently building Africa’s largest Solar PV farm under construction.
We are searching for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who has experience in working on large complex power plant construction projects. This candidate will have experience working in Egypt.
- Has a commercial mindset with a technical background.
- Develop, maintain a log and certify completed works volumes according to contract Bills of Quantities.
- Review and certify Contractor Interim Payment Certificates
- Identify, review, manage and log variation orders from contractors.
- Be the single point of contact for matters relating to contract value and percentage completion for works execution at the site
- Work closely with the project planners to feed accurate progress into the planning system.
- Observe correct adherence to methods of measurement
- Assist the Project Manager and Contracts Administrator as required in commercial and contractual issues.
- Maintain and upload to sharepoint a daily photographic log of progress.
- Work closely with his Subcontractor counterparts in certifying progress claims for monthly payment, and maintain full control of construction costs.
- Reports to Construction Manager.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, written and oral
- 10+ years in similar construction site based roles.
- Competency in Primavera P6 is a bonus