3 months ago
The Python Developer will be responsible for writing new software and integration code and supporting existing integrations and code in Python/R or similar technologies.
- To work closely with the senior developers to learn to support and improve existing technology solutions and architecture
- To assist in designing, developing, and implementing new solutions or integration
- To learn and understand the underlying data and business processes.
- To identify areas for improvement and work with the team to collaborate on better ways to add value to the business utilizing Python
- To support daily operations and ensure business reliability. This can involve after-hours support if needed.
- To coordinate on resolving issues across departments – infrastructure, desktop support, etc… - as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical area of study (computer science, information systems, engineering, etc…) or equivalent experience
- 4 - 6 years experience in a corporate environment
- Strong experience in Python and able to develop new and maintain existing Python code.
- Good web platform/Cloud development skills
- Application development from web service API through a backend
- Strong experience with Python ML packages - Sci-kit Learn
- Experience with Oracle and/or MS SQL Server. Experience should include a basic understanding of relational databases as well as basic proficiency in writing queries.
- Experience writing database code (i.e., functions, stored procedures, triggers) in PL/SQL or T-SQL
- An understanding of Windows- or Linux-based systems.
- Experience with one of them in a corporate environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical/analytical background
- Experience with energy markets
- Knowledge of R programming
- Experience with using data extracts and data wrangling techniques.
- Experience working with files/tables/custom query sources.
- Exposure to energy/commodities trading
- Experience with Amazon Web Services in general and Amazon Redshift specifically.
- Experience with AWS analytics services, Dynamo DB, S3, SQS, API Gateway, Kinesis, Sage Maker, and Lambda functions