2 months ago
We are now seeking a PV Microgrid Solar Engineer. The role will be based in Melbourne and you will report to the COO
You will manage the engineering & technical services team within the company, to provide innovative power solution comprising of Microgrids to their Industrial and commercial customers to optimise their power costs and energy efficiency. The proposed solution can be at the LV side or the HV/EHV side based on the customers load profile.
- Work with Sales team to evaluate customer data to provide efficient technical solutions suitable to the commercial parameters of the opportunity.
- Allocate engineering resources to jobs and ensuring delivery of high quality & efficient design & engineering support
- Develop technical solution as defined in the Solution Design Phase including preliminary Solar array roof layouts, Single Line Diagrams, Electrical protection schemes, storage solution definition, system operational synopsis and system arrangement.
- Oversee the application of permits associated with the project including grid applications with DNSP’s.
- Build Capex and Opex models in preparation for the determination of an FID.
- Advise the engineering team on site inspections and develop templates for proper engineering reviews
- Oversee preparation of full work packs including drawings, functional, technical and performance specifications, engineering assessments, bills of materials and scopes of work.
- Assist Project Development in the compilation of project RFQs, management of response to technical queries from vendors and provide technical oversight to the evaluation of tenders by vendors.
- Validate design for cost optimization and risk mitigation
- Develop full performance specifications, drawings, single line diagrams, basis of design documents, DNSP connections and provide documentation required for Development Applications to Project Development.
- Conduct site visit to assess compliance in Work pack specifications.
- Represent the company as owner’s engineer in acceptance of ITP’s, commissioning and subsequent completion of commissioning results to enable Commercial Operation.
- Support commissioning of projects once deployed in the field, including the development of the commissioning processes.
- Provide technical advice to O&M team and assist in the auditing of performance guarantees and where required fault finding support.
- Develop and maintain QA & safety procedures for engineering delivery.
- Develop specifications and RfP’s for 3rd party studies as required then manage the tender and engagement process, review and critique reports, implement relevant comments or results into the existing processes, contracts and models
Skills and Experience
- CEC accreditation suitable for on-grid systems & battery storage
- Engineering Accreditation from Engineers Australia
- Degree qualified in solar, electrical or mechanical engineering
- 15 to 20 year’s Engineering experience with 6-8 years in the design of commercial level solar systems 100kW+ through to utility multi MW systems.
- Good understanding of electrical Power systems
- Desired skill in embedded networks and microgrid systems.
- Proficiency in the following software: PV Syst, Nearmaps, AutoCAD, Homer,PowerCAD