£45,000 + 20% bonus
10 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a multi-national energy supplier in their search for a Project Pricing Manager (initially an 18 months FTC).
- Responsible for identifying and managing efficiency projects within the Gas & Power pricing teams including projects to implement industry changes and those to support business development objectives.
- The role will focus on developing and optimising the existing pricing processes, working closely with other departments to ensure accuracy and efficiency with the paramount objective of improving the customer experience on an on-going basis.
- This role also includes responsibilities for ensuring all relevant HSE risks are appropriately mitigated
- While the job holder would have no direct reports, they would be expected to co-ordinate and organise others to ensure projects are supported as required.
- Identify system efficiencies relating to the pricing processes, prepare Change Requests to be submitted to IT, ensure resources are engaged and UAT is completed thoroughly before implementation
- Diagnose root-causes to recurrent queries and work with other departments to define and implement long term solutions
- Identify and lead improvements to existing operational processes within the pricing teams to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Work in an incremental manner with users to develop user-friendly processes
- Coach and train operational users to take full ownership of new processes once developed
Business and industry-compliance projects:
- Maintain and manage the bespoke annual pricing process for the largest public sector customers in power
- End to end management of commercial and industry-compliance projects to ensure they are successfully delivered
- Transition projects to BAU processes when required within the pricing teams
- Coach and mentor the pricing team members to develop their analytical skills and technical skills in Excel and PL SQL
- Work with the team members to identify root-causes and develop solutions to address them
- Assist the Pricing team members to develop a strong commercial awareness, especially an awareness of the industry pricing regulations
Cross-department Communication and Processes:
- Partner successfully with other departments especially Sales Operations, Servicing & Metering to maintain accurate pricing and billing, optimise internal processes and query resolutions
- Organise regular Q&A sessions with the other operational departments and create a shared FAQ library in order to improve understanding and industry knowledge relating to pricing matters to provide better customer service
- 3+ year experience in data analytical roles, preferably within the electricity/gas supply industry
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Access including VBA and SQL/Oracle (PLSQL) (essential)
- Expert in data analysis and reporting
- Strong problem solving and root-cause analytical skills
- Team management experience
- Degree calibre in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent experience (desirable)