Renewable Energy & Infrastructure
Competitive depending on Experience
over 3 years ago
TGRC are working with a leading London based turnkey renewables company, helping them find a Project Engineer to be responsible for designing solar PV and hybrid projects across Africa, a key focus region for them.
This person will be fully conversant with AutoCAD, PVsyst, and have experience working on hybrid projects.
- Provide technical support to the Development teams of each market to enable system feasibility assessments, pricing and pre-construction design of EMEA UK projects pipeline.
- Provide technical support to the Operation teams to deliver installations to enable project construction, closeout, handover to operation and maintenance team with a constant target of quality, efficiency and improvements
- Work with outsourced partners to provide, check, control and approve customer focused PV system designs for Commercial roof, Utility scale and residential system.
- Challenge our partners to have a constant optimisation in our designs, technically and cost wise.
- Provide technical On-site support as required.
- Contribute in building our clients technical expertise
- Follow strict Health and Safety policy in all aspects of the work
- You must have at least 4 years’ experience of designing PV systems for buildings and utility scale.
- Technical concepts, tools and software
- Have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts and principles specifically renewable power system design, mechanical design, electrical design, structural design.
- You must be a quick and enthusiastic learner and show attention to detail.
- Proficient in working with CAD software (2D AutoCAD Mechanical and Sketchup for 3D). Knowledge of REVIT is an advantage but not compulsory.
- Proficient in PVsyst
- Proficient in LV electrical norms and design tools (either generic or bespoke)
- Broad understanding of the Eurocode for structural analysis reviews o Broad understanding of the Mechanical and Geotechnical norms o Broad understanding of the HV electrical norms
- Confident to learn and use Windows and Gdrive based software tools to support your design activities.
- Have analytical skills
- Display an innovative approach to problem solving
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages would be hugely advantageous.