almost 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company is currently working with an energy innovater who provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. As a Renewable Development Manager, you will manage the development of utility-scale solar and wind energy projects throughout the United States. This position will be located in the Chicago headquarters.
- Managing renewable energy projects within the United States
- Lead development activities in early, mid, and/or late stages of the project
- Align projects with long-term company strategy and initiatives
- Identify development prospects, including market assessments, fatal flaw identification and initial site reconnaissance
- Secure site control for development prospects, including negotiating leases, easements and other agreements with landowners.
- Liaise with all key stakeholders including internal and external.
- Take a lead role in obtaining certain local, state and/or federal permits
- Assist project budgeting and scheduling.
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal and external technical support.
- Degree in a relevant field. A master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
- 4-8 years’ experience in Renewables.
- Ability to manage the development and strategic process for wind and/or solar energy projects
- Strong organizational, networking, leadership, time management, and accounting skills.
- Familiarity with solar project development, real estate development, transmission and power project engineering are advantageous.