about 1 month ago
Excellent opportunity to represent a major renewable Developer/EPC and coordinate their market entry into Germany.
You will decide the location of the new regional office in Germany. Additionally, travelling will be required, to visit the headquarters in Europe a few times a year in order to meet with the Corporate Management and for business meetings.
This role will lead on the delivery of the solar strategy including site identification, securing land rights, feasibility, design, securing consents, securing grid connections and developing investment case. The Project Development Director will be a member of the development team and initially existing team resources will be made available. This approach will be reviewed as implementation of the strategy progresses.
The Project Development Director will work with Senior Management to develop the business case for solar and the processes and strategies to be adopted for delivery of the solar strategy
- Identifying opportunities and finding the right locations and sites for utility scale solar parks.
- Negotiation, closing and monitoring agreements with local developers
- Close agreements with landowners for the realisation of solar projects.
- Contributing to obtaining zoning plan changes and (building) permits
- Involved in the technical side, PPA, and grid connection
- Managing advisors
- Stakeholder management (town councils, local communities etc)
- Support during the sale process of the project
- Several years of experience in project development of renewable energy projects though the whole project development cycle.
- Successful track record of projects and a good network within the German Solar industry.
- Experience with licencing and permitting procedures
- Willingness to travel frequently
- University degree in a relevant subject (Engineering, B&A, Economics)
- Fluent in German and English is mandatory. Skills in another language (especially Spanish) are also desirable.