2 months ago
Join a leading renewable energy group with a Solar PV portfolio of over 5Gw across Spain, Latam and other European countries. The company are seeking a Project Development Director to lead development and origination operations across Europe, with a particular focus on Iberia, Italy, Poland and Germany.
You will also work with Senior Management to develop the business case for solar and the processes and strategies to be adopted for delivery of the solar strategy.
- Identify opportunities and finding the right locations and sites for utility scale solar parks.
- Negotiate, closing and monitoring agreements with local developers.
- Close agreements with landowners for the realisation of solar projects.
- Contribute to obtaining zoning plan changes and (building) permits.
- Involvement in the technical side, PPA, and grid connection.
- Manage advisors.
- Stakeholder management (town councils, local communities etc)
- Support during the sale process of the projects.
- Several years of experience in project development of renewable energy projects though the whole project development cycle.
- Successful track record of projects and a good network within the Iberian Solar industry.
- Experience with licencing and permitting procedures.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Additional languages are welcomed.