5 months ago
A rare opportunity to join one of Europe’s most experienced wind energy developers with over over 550 employees in Germany, France, Spain, Scotland, Ireland, Argentina and Finland. They have been successful in developing, constructing and maintaining wind farms with over 1500MW of rated capacity installed across Europe.
They are seeking a Development Project Planner for their wind development team in Lisburn. The role involves management of part of the company’s wind farm project, from initial site selection through the EIA process to post planning and pre-construction compliance requirements. The position involves significant interaction with other staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team including staff in the offices in Dublin and Germany. Business trips throughout Northern Ireland will be required throughout the role.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Wind farm development from site search and site feasibility assessment
- Land lease negotiation and liaison with land owners, agents and solicitors
- Engaging and managing consultants and technical review of expert studies and impact assessments for completeness and accuracy.
- Preparation and co-ordination of planning application and appeal documentation and negotiation to decision
- Preparation, co-ordination and negotiation of planning compliance submissions and monitoring reporting schedule.
- Establish contacts with planning authorities and Councillors and represent the company in planning and other matters associated with the site.
- Organise and assist in holding public events where necessary
- Continually considering risks and liabilities, highlighting concerns to line management.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including meeting minutes, agendas, project plans, action registers, trackers and maintaining spreadsheets, detailing expenses and timesheets. To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by the client as well as outside monitoring agencies.
- Managing invoice and payment schedules of projects.
- Liaising with external parties to arrange/attend meetings and chase actions.
- Providing a point of contact internally and externally when members of the project management team are otherwise unavailable.
- Deliver projects within budget and on time.
- Ensure adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to the role
- Manage any problems, challenges or complaints relevant to the role
- Cooperation with and assistance of staff in the Employer’s Dublin and German Offices.
- Academic degree preferably in planning/environmental or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3-4 years PQE.
- Experience of planning/development of major infrastructure projects and the EIA process. Experience of renewable energy projects would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to liaise with senior management and build and develop relationships with key stakeholders involved in projects.
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft, ArcGIS and associated packages as well as invoicing and reporting systems.
- Ability to proactively develop new opportunities for the company and work on own initiative
- Take action to promote a positive team climate and be flexible about working on team tasks.
- Take responsibility for contributing to success of the team and working with other members of the team to generate innovative solutions to obstacles as well as working from your own initiative.
- Aptitude to learn and progress.
- Highly meticulous, organised and self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised to strict deadlines with an often-conflicting workload, multi-tasking various parts of a project or initiative.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation.
- You must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle as the position requires frequent travel throughout the Northern Ireland.