€50,000-€60,000 + Bonus
about 1 month ago
A rare opportunity to join a global alternative asset manager with over 100 years’ experience owning and operating Renewable Energy Assets. Since 2014, the business has experienced significant growth to comprise 2,700 megawatts of renewable wind and continues to grow globally.
Reporting to the Head of Project Development, the main purpose of the role is to manage to successful conclusion a selection of the onshore wind projects assigned from initial concept to the point of handing over of the project to a Project Delivery Manager.
- Ownership of and managing the development of a project within budget from any stage to get it to a ready to build state, including dealing with any appeal process and discharge of relevant planning conditions.
- Coordinate project team (internal & external) activities insuring key milestones are met.
- Manage the tendering/procurement processes for projects in line with company policy.
- Ensure financial and technical targets are met in delivering projects.
- Suitably plan, organise, monitor and report on all phases of projects life cycle.
- Manage and report on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant development.
- Negotiate agreements including consultancy contracts, landowner agreements, and provide input to commercial decisions, ensuring best value is achieved in all such negotiations.
- Alignment of project decisions to the efforts of Power Marketing, and specifically in response to changing energy policy (identifying and progressing cost reduction measures, optimising site efficiency, securing planning consents, influencing strategy to drive consenting efforts, etc).
- Liaise with external stakeholders (e.g. planning authorities, community relations, statutory consultees, landowners) and represent the company in a professional and competent manner.
- Liaise with internal company stakeholders as required and ensure all corporate policies are fully adhered too.
- Develop and manage project budgeting, assisting in the preparation of business cases for major capital investment expenditure and presenting to Senior Management for investment approval.
- Ensuring health & safety standards are developed, maintained, and adhere to the Group’s HSSE policy requirements, including the management of external consultants
- Carry out other “ad-hoc” activities required to achieve Company’s objectives; be proactive in meeting Group objectives; be a team player.
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Sciences
- An experienced renewable energy professional with minimum 6 years in the industry and a demonstrable track record of successfully managing the development of multiple projects, with a focus on pre- & post consent stage up to financial close
- A thorough understanding of the commercial/environmental/regulatory challenges facing all stages of wind project development and the renewable energy industry.
- A strong basic understanding of financial aspects of power generation projects with experience of working closely with financial analysts in the preparation and updating of financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to travel frequently in Ireland