4 months ago
Excellent opportunity to develop utility-scale solar PV projects in international markets on behalf of a leading renewable development business.
Support the different stages of the development of projects, including:
Site identification stage:
- Screening and short listing of potential sites that are of great resource and of strategic value to company's portfolio.
- Initial contact with landholders and subsequent negotiations to secure project sites suitable for development.
- Performing due diligence including conducting research and analysis on the technical specifications of the project to establish its feasibility, including resource and site assessment, forming the preliminary design concept, identification of connection options and other aspects to determine feasibility of the projects.
- Overseeing and guiding external advisors who will conduct environmental impact and risk assessments required to obtain development approval, establish and participate in community consultation programs, interact with landowners, Council, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Close interaction and oversight of grid connection consultants who will conduct detailed studies on the interaction of the project with the electricity network, helping to progress the studies and to prepare grid connection applications under the National Electricity Rules, providing guidance on key project requirements, and helping to balance regulatory requirements and commercial interests.
Financial close process:
- Close interaction with external technical advisors to help ensure financiers are comfortable with technical risks.
Preparation of project schedules:
- Project progress reports, proposals, and presentations required for internal purposes and for tendering processes.
- Representing the company by participating in including industry conferences, forums, workshops and meetings, involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators and Government authorities.
- Three years of professional experience working in energy sector project development is required.
- Experience dealing directly with landholders is required.
- Strong background in power systems (e.g. electrical engineer) will be highly valued.
- Familiarity with permitting process and interaction with local and federal authorities and with external technical, legal and financial advisers.
- Excellent English and French both written and oral (Spanish and Arabic will be highly valued)
- Knowledge of IFC Performance Standards/World Bank requirements would be appreciate.
- Experience with project management method (e.g. PMI) and planification tools (e.g. MS Project), would be considered as an advantage.