Competitive Salary (DOE)
7 months ago
Reporting to the Head of Project Development, the main purpose of the role is to manage to successful conclusion a selection of projects assigned from initial concept to the point of handing over of the project to a Construction Project Manager. A key aspect of this role will include the project management of the due diligence and completion process for acquisition projects.
- Lead and project manage the planning process for specific Renewable energy project(s) up to the point of consenting decision and any subsequent challenges to same. Lead and project manage specific baseline assessment studies carried out as part of the project selection process
- Delivery of the design, planning and environmental assessment requirements for Renewable Energy development. Manage the co-ordination of baseline environmental and constraints assessments and facilitate the interaction between project team members as required.
- Ownership of and managing the development of a project within budget from any stage to get it to a ready to build state, including dealing with any appeal process and discharge of relevant planning conditions.
- Coordinate project team (internal & external) activities ensuring key milestones are met.
- Manage the tendering/procurement processes for projects in line with company policy.
- Ensure financial and technical targets are met in delivering projects.
- Ensure that all site activities and project deliverables are carried out to the highest standards of safety and in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Suitably plan, organise, monitor, and report on all phases of projects life cycle.
- Manage and report on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant development.
- Negotiate agreements including consultancy contracts, land agreements, and provide input to commercial decisions, ensuring best value is achieved in all such negotiations.
- Liaise with external stakeholders (e.g., planning authorities, community relations, statutory consultees, landowners) and represent the company in a professional and competent manner.
- Liaise with internal company stakeholders as required and ensure all corporate policies are fully adhered too.
- Develop and manage project capex, opex and budgeting, assisting in the preparation of business cases for major capital investment expenditure and presenting to Senior Management for investment approval.
- Carry out other “ad-hoc” activities required to achieve Company’s objectives; be proactive in meeting Group objectives.
- A relevant engineering degree
- Relevant experience of Wind Project Development up to post-consent activities
- Public Relations experience & negotiations with landowners
- Knowledge of relevant planning regulations
- Understanding project risks and associated management
- Understanding of project commercials
- Experience in managing technical & engineering consultants & driving a project programme to deliver on time & achieve targets