5 months ago
Our client is a global developer of renewable energies that relies on a large expertise in the solar sector. They are into a deep global expansion with presence in Europe, Japan, South America, the Middle East and North America and Australia. Our efforts are focused on the generation of ecological and highly profitable solar energy projects.
We are seeking a Project Developer to join our expanding US team based out of our Washington DC office in the Business Development Department.
MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO WASHINGTON D.C. AREA. MUST HAVE: BACHELORS DEGREE, DEMONSTARTED EXPERIENCE IN LAND DEVELOPMENT/ ENTITLEMENT/ PERMITTING, MINIMUM 2 YEARS OF PROJECT DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE.
The Business developer manages the day to day development tasks for a set of large and complex renewable energy projects throughout their lifecycle from initiation to handoff to operations post-construction. The Development Manager coordinates and reviews the work product of multiple development functions, consultants, technicians and others and is responsible for the execution and performance of complex multi-disciplinary projects with teams working across geographies. This position will work closely with interconnection, permitting, real estate/land acquisition, GIS, finance, M&A, design and engineering teams to achieve project and company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Senior Management to identify and prioritize target greenfield sites and acquisition targets for renewable energy opportunities by leading customer-focused, data-driven, multi-dimensional analysis incorporating input from cross-functional team members;
- Manage interconnection process, land acquisitions, project permitting, and applications;
- Coordinate and guide real estate/land acquisition team on target greenfield sites;
- Deliver development projects on time and on budget;
- Coordinate and guide the broader development team in achieving project objectives
- Track project risk throughout the development cycle; provide risk assessments and mitigations to Senior Management;
- Participate in the development of key account and utility relationships, support origination of contracts with such key accounts;
- Develop proposal strategies, RFP processes or similar, and negotiate terms for vendors and consultants who participate in the development process;
- Develop/maintain business relationships with key consultants and vendors;
- Maintain and provide suggestions for project development tracking and reporting;
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, planning, engineering, real estate, finance or a related field
- 2-4 years of project development experience – renewable energy & solar preferred
- Solid understanding of renewable energy markets and project lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in land development/entitlement/permitting and interconnection
- Strong project skills including creating and managing project budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, with varying complexities and urgencies presented day to day
- Ability to effectively work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent people, entrepreneurial, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective computer skills including GIS, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GIS is a strong plus
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- A valid driving license and passport