Project Control Specialist
- Posted 22 May 2023
- Salary Competitive Salary (DOE)
- LocationUnited States of America
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameSamantha Molloy
Project Controls Manager
TGRC is currently partnered with a leading developer, owner, and operator of utility-scale energy storage projects across North America. They are independently owned, and are among the largest players in the US energy storage sector with a 15+ GWh pipeline including about 1.7 GWh of projects in operation, construction, or advanced development under contract with utilities and other power buyers.
The Project Controls Manager will support the development and execution of several sequential utility-scale battery energy storage projects from late-stage development through commissioning. The ideal candidate will report to the company’s Director of Construction and will be responsible for working across functions to manage project schedule, project cost, and portfolio reporting. This role will work in close conjunction with project management to provide the tools and data required to manage projects efficiently and cost effectively.
• Provide support in the management of project budget and cost control functions including budgeting, scheduling, change management, estimating, tracking progress, forecasting, and earned value management.
• Develop executive reporting tools for financial health, operational management, and scheduling.
• Prepare project status presentations which highlight key accomplishments, risks, and changes.
• Establish project budget and baselines and document the reason(s) for any variances.
• Develop Work Breakdown Structures.
• Provide oversight of schedule development and maintenance in Microsoft Project according to the WBS Guidelines.
• Develop customized schedule reports as per project needs (two week look ahead, variance reports, progress reports, milestone reports as needed).
• Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends, and re-forecast as necessary.
• Monitor, review, and report to the project management team on the status of schedules with regard to construction contract schedule compliance, the construction contract specifications, and review and provide written summary progress reports.
• Monitor and document construction progress.
• Provide support to track project progress and perform analysis of bottlenecks, trends, and critical path.
• Identify and communicate project risks and develop mitigation plans.
• Track performance and analyze the completion of key goals during project execution.
• Maintain production logs for work put in place for future reference for project lessons learned, and schedule and budget forecasting. Skills and
• 5 - 7 years of Project Controls Management role, with relevant Cost Control, Planning and Scheduling in experience.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in various aspects of project controls, accounting, estimating, planning/scheduling, progress measurement, forecasting/ reporting.
• Bachelor's degree required: Course of study; Business, Construction or Engineering, Preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and deliver clear, articulate, and concise messages in a compelling manner.
• Experience in a role that requires involvement and understanding of project management of business initiatives including the introduction of processes or procedures a plus.
• Familiarity with battery energy storage, power delivery, substation, transmission line, and construction preferred.
• Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Manages individual time by building due dates into assignments and then prioritizes work to accomplish more in less time.
• Continually seeks new functional knowledge and looks to build technical expertise.
• Excels in a team setting by clearly communicating project information and by listening effectively and inviting responses.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations, and executive level reporting that ensures timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects), Procore, Box, and SmartSheets.