over 1 year ago
Our Client is a Nonprofit Organization focus on stimulating the innovative changes in current environmental policies to create a better platform/social setting for the incubation of new energy/environmental projects. The Program Officer is supporting the Program Director (PD) to identify strategies and manage a grants portfolio to achieve the program’s goals.
The Responsibilities of the Role
- support PD to develop program strategies that are in alignment with the institution’s vision, refresh the strategies according to the field trend.
- Advise and support PD to cultivate new funders and resources and engage existing funders in a collaborative way.
- Assist PD to manage budget, and to develop an attainable spending plan that supports the implementation of program strategy.
- Work with PD to identify and select grantees/partners, design project plans with grantees/partners to assure project goals and deliverables are in line with program goals and strategies.
- Work with the program team and collaborates with other program teams to deliver the impact.
- Identify and cultivate valuable partners, including grantees, policy makers, opinion leaders, funding partners, commercial partners and other experts or leaders in the field.
- Share knowledge, expertise, critical information and networks with partners to increase support and demonstrate shared purpose.
- Provide thought leadership in some areas and/or provide support to partners in the field with the shared purpose of growing the field.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field: environmental sciences and engineering, atmospheric science and other related fields.
- Minimum 8-year experience in air quality, environment and energy, deep interests in air pollution control preferred.
- Chinese native speaker; excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Communicate logically and articulate key messages/points with clear structure and fact-based supporting arguments, ability to manage in a matrix reporting structure with multiple stakeholders and effectively coordinate activities across organizational boundaries.
- Propose project direction, lay out project plan with milestones, timelines and tracking mechanisms, and to accomplish the project on time and in good quality.
- Define and prioritize the key issues when facing complex situations, make analysis with logical reasoning, propose possible solutions and resolve some complicated issues independently.
- Partnership initiative cultivate networks and deepen the relationships with key stakeholders to effectively leverage resources.