Up to €75,000 + bonus
about 1 month ago
Be part of a global business that holds the leading position in demand response programs globally that is dedicated to developing innovative products and digital solutions as a Program Manager.
There is an immediate need for an Energy Markets Specialist to join a market leading Demand Response team based in the UK or Ireland. This demanding, fast-paced opportunity, is responsible for delivering Demand Response programs in the UK and Ireland. The role reports directly to the Head of Demand Response and the suitable candidate will have a proven record of success in data-driven, decision-making and cross-team project management.
The main responsibility will be to contribute to the efficient and profitable management and growth of the Demand Response portfolio in compliance with relevant program regulations and governing rules.
- Coordinating and project-managing the execution of programs, strategies and commitments across operational and customer-facing teams
- Serving as an account manager and primary operational point of contact for market stakeholders
- Provide oversight of asset registration and settlement processes
- Processing settlement and financial transactions associated with program delivery, including external reporting requirements, timely customer payments and financial bookings
- Monitoring end to end processes to ensure compliance with program and market rules, and company policies and procedures
- Support the development of and launch of new flexibility products and programmes
- Manage auction/tender processes including conducting detailed market analysis, developing auction strategy and gaining senior approval and executing on auction plans
- Continuously monitor flexibility markets to forecast possible events
- Serving as the internal market expert for Demand Response in Ireland, continuously informing our business strategy and product development needs and priorities
- Support with business planning, forecasts, and assessment of opportunities and risks
- Providing policy guidance and analysis to advance our interests with government and regulatory stakeholders
- Have at least 3 relevant years of experience working in the energy industry and have a good knowledge of the Irish energy market, in particular the DS3 and Capacity Market programs
- Have a university degree
- Have experience with budgeting, settling and managing customer payments and business case development
- Organised and have proven project management skills with prior experience managing across culturally diverse teams both internally and externally
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong Excel skills and familiar with common software types