Up to £55,000 + 20% bonus
about 1 month ago
A new opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Systems Manager, based in London.
The Procurement Systems Manager contributes to the overall management & development of the centralised activity, ensuring that the IT landscape under which CPROC teams operate is safe, reliable and compliant.
An in-depth understanding of functional needs (reporting requirements, commodities, instruments, geography) allows the job holder to make sure CPROC teams can report accurately all required financial, exposure risk and forecast information in a timely manner.
The Procurement Systems Manager oversees identification, development, interfacing and improvement of Energy Risk Management systems (forecast, P&L and exposure, customer portals)
Role and Responsibilities:
- Management of one analyst, with appropriate cross-training
- Effectively recruiting, coaching and developing employee when necessary
- Improving efficiency, effectiveness & robustness of team structure, implementing change where necessary
Providing support in terms of interim technical solutions to enable the central reporting team to report exposure and forecast demand for PGE entities across Gas & Power
- Suggesting improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks
- Advising the central reporting team on the best way to tackle technical issues they may face
- Working with Central Procurement SMT to ensure system development projects are prioritized correctly
- In conjunction with CPROC teams, creating functional specification documents to build robust solutions
- Work with external stakeholders on both improvements to each application as well as the interfacing between them.
- Managing changes to the Procurement Portals used by PGE’s customer base
- Managing the User Acceptance Testing of changes that are made to external and internal systems
Risk Management Solutions
Investigating and evaluating what the major risks are that PGE entities under CPROC supervision are exposed to
- Researching the different products available on the market to reduce risk liability
- Presenting to management with recommendations, communicating technical ideas in an easy to understand way
Researching new forecasting systems that are available on the market and overseeing the implementation as necessary
- Suggesting improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks.
- Overseeing the User Acceptance Testing of changes to reporting systems, escalating major issues where necessary.
To interact with and form strong working relationships with
- TGP UK IT
- PGE entities teams (Pricing, IT)
- Central Procurement teams (Procurement, Forecasting & Analytics, Middle Office, Back Office)
- External providers
Extensive commercial experience within the gas/electricity supply industry
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel and Access
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Confident personality and ability to interact with internal customers and other teams (IT, systems users, etc), well-organised and capacity to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences
- University degree qualification: undergraduate and Postgraduate in a numerate/analytical discipline
- Fluent in English & one other major European language