about 1 month ago
Our client seeks a highly motivated Contract Specialist with a passion for renewable energy to join their growing team. The primary focus in this role will be on the preparation, review, negotiation, and execution of the broad range of contracts required to support and deliver large-scale renewable projects, while also providing commercial support and assistance during the execution phase of projects as appropriate.
The Contract Specialist will need to remain focused on the key commercial deliverables for each project whilst being adaptable to work within a flexible matrix operation, this may require working on several projects simultaneously.
- Assist the Director of procurement in preparing procurement documents and agreements for large-scale renewable projects
- Support of bid evaluations of supplier proposals and commercial evaluations
- Preparing purchase order documents and entering purchase order information into the online purchasing application
- Prepare commercial documentation for project bids
- Coordinate with project development teams to drive procurement efforts
- Provide support and input to project engineer for bidding efforts and assessments
- Support and assist with management between internal and external parties including consultants and contractors
- Expediting supplier submittals to support the detailed design and delivery of equipment and material
- Review and monitor contractors' progress against schedule and ensure key project milestones are being achieved and reported
- Support and direct efforts to resolve a range of commercial issues both during the bid and execution phases
- Updating Project Procurement Status Reports
- Support and direct the resolution of a range of commercial tasks/ issues on projects
- Advise on the impact of commercial/specialist risks and issues and the viability of solutions recommended
- Carefully consider and balance commercial requirements and provide recommendations, considering the relevant risks
- Present decisions and recommendations to the EPC Managers in a structured and robust manner
- At short notice, act upon and deliver ad-hoc efforts and projects without losing focus on major ongoing projects
- 5 years of experience in the Supply Chain, Procurement, and Contracts within the Renewables sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Construction Management/Engineering, or related field
- Procurement / Contract administration experience.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other software.
- Experience in procuring Operation and Maintenance Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience in procuring Asset Management Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience in procuring Energy Management Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience in procuring Construction Management Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience in developing and maintaining forward price and technology curves