2 days ago
The company is a leading engineering-consultancy firm in the renewable energy sector. They have a track-record of over 100GW in 60+ countries around the world. The company has 12 offices located in Spain, USA, Colombia, South Africa, Argentina, United Kingdom, China and Mexico.
The company is currently expanding globally and they are looking to bring in talent to join their world-class consultancy team. They are looking for a Solar PV Principal Consultant to join their United Kingdom team.
As a Principal Consultant, you will work with our United Kingdom consultancy team and manage Solar PV projects across several countries (UK, Ireland, Spain, Netherlands…). The company will expect you to work with our global consultancy teams although you should be able to work independently too. An important part of your role will be leading our team of consultants in the United Kingdom office and work towards our expansion in the UK.
You will lead projects for a wide range of clients (banks, investors or developers) and will interface the relationships with them. As part of your role, you will need to organise the teams, oversee the overall work and directly perform relevant aspects to ensure an efficient and quality performance.
It is also, important that you undertake commercial and networking activities to expand our business in the UK or network with UK-based companies with projects located overseas. You will also participate in the strategy for our UK operations (e.g. employee recruitment or marketing actions).
We expect that you take a significant role within our organisation and are excited for the opportunity of counting on your outstanding skills and qualifications such as:
- BSc/MSc Engineering or similar.
- Experience in technical advisory for renewable energy projects, specifically solar PV.
- Deep understanding of the scope for a technical due diligence (energy yield, components, electrical/mechanical/civil design, grid connection, permitting, environmental studies, contractual suites and technical assumptions for financial models).
- Commercial skills.
- 5 to 10 year work experience in engineering consulting.
- Accustomed to managing a wide range of projects, including technical leadership, personnel allocation and budget control.
- Willingness to train junior engineers to the company’s standards and procedures or industry practices.
- Proficiency in English, with Spanish, German or French positively evaluated.