Up to £45,000
6 months ago
An innovate energy storage company that has established itself over the last 6 years. A well-funded company with an original take on technology, design and customer interaction. They are set to make significant waves in the energy industry and play a significant role in helping shape a new landscape in the energy industry.
In an industry set to be worth $20 billion by 2020, the company has successfully deployed a large fleet of their batteries and are on the precipice of taking a leading position in the rapidly growing energy storage industry.
As a Power Systems Engineer, you will work as part of a multi-disciplined group of engineers that take projects from conception and design, through to development, implementation, testing and handover.
While the work will vary according to the project, you'll typically need to:
- Understand product/project requirements
- Be an expert on the high-power side of site applications and power distribution on bespoke installations
- You will be an integral part of developing AC and DC power distribution, switching, protection, monitoring and integration of commercial Energy Storage Devices.
- Design build and test models new prototypes during and after the R&D process
- Produce product documentation for internal and external use as well as technical reports
- Work to official standards including British (BS), European (EN), American (UL)
- Cross department communication and collaboration
- Assist with component supplier selection and management
- Provide technical expertise and support during site surveys, installation (SAT), maintenance and upgrade of units
Specific Skills Requirements:
You'll need to show:
- Knowledgeable about multi MW LV/HV substation layout, switchgear and protection devices and associated busbars.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of LV and HV systems design
- Powerflow analysis/ modelling electrical power systems experience
- Experience in Power Management Circuitry design inc Switchgear, busbar, protection devices transformers, cabling and enclosures
- Communication skills to translate a design brief to electrical component suppliers and communicate with others in organisation
- You should demonstrate your skills in relation to Power System Architecture definition and
- Self-motivation and ability to work without depending on a high level of additional support
- Understanding of grid connections (technical and legal)
- Experience in design for manufacture
- An analytical and problem-solving approach to work
- Understanding of software/control circuits
- The ability to read design specifications and technical drawings
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team commitment to continuing professional
- development throughout your career.
- An ability to multitask
Potential complimentary career backgrounds:
- Oil and gas Electrical module power distribution design
- Electrical Design Engineering
- Electrical services industry including maintenance and design
- Electrical engineering in either commercial or domestic building sector
- Electrical Power Engineer/Power systems
- Electrical Distribution Engineer
- Renewable energy installation, integration, planning and installation design
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.