27 days ago
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Power Systems Engineer to join a leading Solar PV Developer. Specialising in the development of large-scale, grid-connected solar and energy storage farms you would be instrumental in their growth within the UK market. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with the modelling and design of grid infrastructure of projects from initial conception to full planning submission status.
As a Power Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking power modelling assessment of potential sites as well as wider electricity distribution and transmission network.
- Identifying new leads using GIS and following the journey with the DNO, and the Land team until the lead progresses to an active project.
- Engaging with Network Operators, consultants and our customers where needed.
- Being the go-to technical and grid policy expertise person for any support required in the development of projects.
- Technically reviewing new standards and policy documents and, where warranted, use the latest information to roll out improvements.
You will have the following skills and experiences:
- Team player with great communication skills and a structured way of working.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in network modelling using a dedicated Electrical Software Package (for example PSS/E, DIgSILENT, SINCAL)
- Proficient with MS Office and comfortable at creating models on Excel to assist with your designs/assessment.
- Commercial awareness of how design decisions and equipment specifications can affect the profitability of a project.
- Knowledge and experience in working with distribution and transmission network operators (DNO/TO)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Power Engineering, or related discipline.
An exciting and positive work environment, where you will be joining a dynamic and forward-thinking team. You will enjoy a fulfilling career in a sector that will continue to grow as the UK looks to drive a Green Economic Recovery.