Competitive Salary (DOE)
9 months ago
Join a global company that leads its industry in innovation and technological development. My client has invested more than AUD $1 billion through localised investment opportunities and sustainable project development. With a focus on existing wind and solar PV projects in QLD and Victoria as well as building out new projects across Australia your experience will assist in the development of power systems models and preparation of reports to support feasibility studies, grid connection applications, providing technical support during project execution and supporting the asset operations team in managing GPS compliance.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform PSSE and PSCAD modelling to assess system faults, load flow and dynamic analysis in distribution and transmission systems.
- Assist in the development of Generator Performance Standards documentation.
- Preparation of connection application model study reports for TNSP and AEMO.
- Assist with developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including AEMO, TNSPs / DNSPs, and consultants.
- Develop connection enquiries and assist with generation license and registration applications
- Development and/or enhance existing skills and expertise in modelling techniques using PSSE, Powerfactory, PSCAD and Python.
- Provide Power System Engineering advice and support throughout all phases of project construction.
- Assist in engagement and management of external consultants to perform specialist tasks and complete work in a timely manner in accordance with project schedules.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable qualifications.
- 2 + years experience in grid systems modelling. Experience in PSSE and/or PSCAD for renewable energy projects will be highly regarded.
- Strong technical report writing skills with proven ability to produce high-quality interconnection reports and business case reports based on your analysis and recommendations.
- Experience in grid connection procedures with AEMO, DNSP’s & TNSP’s.
- Experience producing and reviewing engineering specifications and drawings.
- Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in design and construction.
- Willing to learn with an adaptable, flexible & positive attitude.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to project sites, as required.
- Current Member or eligible for membership of Engineers Australia.
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.