Flexible Depending on Experience
6 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Power Forecasting Analyst. The firm has offices on all continents with a reputation second to none.
- Demand Forecasting
- Development short term demand forecasting methodologies for the European electricity portfolio. Ensure that models/processes used are accurate and facilitate a timely delivery of data to the Procurement team.
- Monitoring forecast error, report on forecast performance and perform analysis which will further develop demand forecasting methodologies in order to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
- Suggest improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks
- Become the first point of contact with IT, raising faults or suggesting improvements to systems which will enhance the team’s reporting.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing and manage the implementation of new data management systems
Management Information Reporting
- Analyse system prices which may lead to high imbalance costs
- Explain periods of volatile consumption and subsequent forecast errors if necessary
- Analyse prompt balancing and outturn Profit & Loss performance
- Build relationships with the local entity points of contact
- Answer queries in a timely manner, ensuring that as a member of the central team a high level of service is always delivered
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Previous commercial experience, preferably within the electricity industry (desirable – not essential)
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science (essential)
- Strong analytical ability (essential)
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences (essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel and Access (essential)
- Knowledge of SQL (desirable)