45,000 - 75,000
about 1 month ago
Opportunity to join and leader in equity investments in a wide range of infrastructure assets, across technologies including biomass combustion, waste-to-energy combustion, waste and biomass gasification, anaerobic digestion, composting, materials recovery, recycling, solar, wind, energy storage and reserve power.
This key hire will focus on Onshore Wind Assets.
- Oversee day to day running of assets in wind portfolio with the primary objective to maximise production.
- Representing investor’s by taking portfolio management responsibility for selected investee companies. Communicating to all stakeholders on the performance of the projects, discuss issues and field questions. SPV board directorships may be required over time.
- Working with the relevant portfolio/finance team resources as well as external service providers (including asset managers) to assist producing SPV board documents and management accounts, through supplying relevant information.
- Identifying, evaluating and proposing opportunities for performance improvements, both economically and operationally. Working closely with investee company management and project counterparties to drive performance.
- Where Asset Management is performed in house follow up with Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEM”), Operators and other contractors directly;
- Manage and progress commercial matters impacting on financial performance of the wind portfolio, for example, the procurement of Power Purchase Agreements (“PPAs”);
- Lead and develop strategy to the long term operation and optimisation of wind assets, noting how wind portfolio is expected to grow and diversify into different jurisdictions;
- Promote position in the wind sector (and energy sector more generally) to the extent needed;
- Provide ad hoc support on the acquisition of wind assets.
- Assisting the rest of the Portfolio team in the wider portfolio management activities: reporting; portfolio company administration; portfolio optimisation; identifying and developing opportunities for synergies.
- Ensure reporting related to the portfolio is timely and accurate, including to lenders.
- Actively contributing to the overall performance of the Infrastructure Team.
- Excellent academic history with relevant degree.
- 6 to 8 years professional experience, preferably in a technical and/or commercial role.
- Motivated individual with an ability to learn quickly and take responsibility through autonomous working.
- Good communication skills – able to deal effectively with challenging counterparties and building good working relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable worker – able to react to different and changing situations and a wide range of activities.
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple short and long lead time workstreams in parallel
- Curious with a willingness to interrogate.
- Strong written and excel skills.
- An appreciation of the technical and operational aspects of the various technologies in the portfolio would be beneficial.
- Numerate: familiar with financial models is preferable.