Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
Join a prominent energy developer that prides itself on transitioning to sustainable energy solutions with an emphasis on emerging technologies EV, Hydrogen, Solar and Wind. My client offers a wide-variety of affordable and customer-centric energy solutions, to ensure customers receive a reliable supply of clean energy. As the Portfolio Manager, this position will be responsible for the development and execution of energy risk management strategies and hedging of wholesale energy positions associated with renewable energy generation and electrical retail customer load.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Development of short-medium term trading strategies across electricity, environmental certificates, and renewables
- Internal retail transfer pricing (including assisting with retail tariff pricing as required)
- Execution of hedging strategies, bespoke contract origination and day to day trading as applicable
- Retail load and generation forecasting
- Utility scale renewable energy – wind, solar & ESS valuation and pricing with an emphasis on long term strategy
- Evaluate wholesale energy contract pricing, risk & hedging solutions applicable to the client’s renewables assets & retail portfolio to optimize performance and mitigate volume & price risk.
- Evaluate Retail Pricing & Tariffs
- Assist with modelling, reporting and analytics to assess requirements for securing wholesale electricity purchase agreements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary degree in finance or related industry
- 3+ years previous experience within the energy industry and financial markets
- Demonstrated track record working within energy trading, risk management or financial markets
- Have a familiarity with renewable energy projects and their offtake arrangements
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.