Portfolio Analyst - Solar - London
- Posted 09 September 2021
- Salary £40,000
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameAlex Le Goater
- A rare opportunity to join a Renewable fund based in London.
- Attend meetings, producing clear minutes/action-lists. Log and monitor these action points.
- Assume responsibility for the organisation and management of the portfolio function’s electronic files and storage.
- Provide support in the development of an onboarding process for all new assets joining the portfolio. Lead on the management, tracking and updating of the onboarding process once established.
- Administer the portfolio’s export & import PPA arrangements: PPA trackers, competitive tenders, tender analysis and contract management.
- Researching and identifying potential counterparties and opportunities for corporate PPAs; assisting in the design, modelling and negotiation of commercial PPA agreements, including attendance at roadshows, seminars and conferences to promote corporate PPA offerings.
- Production of a daily report regarding the UK wholesale N2EX and future power prices, factors affecting the UK power market and summaries of the Portfolio’s PPA strategy and status.
- Support senior team members in the establishment and tracking of ad hoc value-protection and value enhancement projects, with a particular focus on the extension of the solar farms’ leases and planning tenures.
- Manage the establishment and ongoing maintenance of a ‘critical works calendar’ working collaboratively with the asset management and O&M teams.
- Monitor the maintenance and updating of asset SPV HSE policies, third-party contractor HSE audits and H&S reporting.
- Working closely with the asset management and engineering team, ensure that all assets are compliant with Ofgem RO and FiT accreditation requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor the PV industry field for news, developments, and other updates.
- Hold conference presentations; investor meetings and presentations; market analysis and research; fund documentation among others.
- In time, you may be required to take on the line management of more junior members of the portfolio team. If required, you will be registered with the FCA for relevant controlled function.
- Degree level education, preferably in electrical engineering.
- At least 2 years’ experience in renewable generation sector, with a focus on solar PV. Experience and onshore wind turbines and/or battery storage would be beneficial but not essential.
- Rational thinker, who seeks a high-quality product, consistently focussed on improving.
- Technical and commercial asset management and/or owner representation strongly preferred.
- An understanding and knowledge of commercial and technical aspects of utility-scale solar PV and onshore wind turbine.
- Capable in a pressured environment, with minimal supervision. Effective at managing and prioritising own workload.
- Excellent report writing skills, ability to identify critical performance and commercial KPIs.
- Produce concise and informative reports for internal and market audiences.
- Experience working across internal business areas and external service-providers, establishing and developing working relationships and processes.
- Good understand of MS software, with a focus on Excel – modelling skills required.
- Experience in quickly become familiar, then adopting ownership and responsibility for managing internal policies, procedures, and processes to monitor, protect and enhance the assets’ NAV and revenue.
- Understanding of renewable EPC and O&M contracts, PPAs, leases, planning and insurances: Knowledge and experience of corporate PPAs would be beneficial.