Competitive Salary (DOE)
6 months ago
- Based in Reading
- Competitive + a range of other benefits
Our client is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks of a large utility business. They finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers.
They are seeking an experienced and highly knowledgeable PMO Planner to join their expanding business unit. The core purpose of the role is driving the set up and creation, coordination and management of project plans with a focus on cost, resource and milestones.
The projects involved will often be significant in size, scale and complexity with multidisciplinary scope across a number of our sectors (EV, Storage, Solar, Electrical Networks, Heat and the development of supporting platform solutions including our Smart Cities infrastructure.)
The planning services you provide may involve the development and management of a small number of large scale, complex projects and /or the development and management of a larger number of small projects and their plans across a range energy infrastructure solutions.
The role also requires the flexibility to support the development and operational delivery of the wider PMO /Business Planning services. This will include the development of standards, process frameworks, governance and reporting needed to set projects up for success as our business grows at pace.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Building and maintaining (progressing) a range of individual and complex work packages, project plans, and the master plans in Microsoft Project or P6 Prima Vera). This will include planning assumptions for the programme/project lifecycle, dependency management, ensuring alignment with PMO standards and processes and ongoing critical path analysis
- Maintaining a clear view of the project baseline and tracking the milestones, resource, cost loading and spend profiling including chasing inputs and plan updates
- Actively driving the plan, including close working with the Distributed Energy Project teams, and also interacting with the wider business, sub-contractors and external partners or clients to ensure plans are coherent and current
- Actively supporting project recovery planning and sprint exercises
- Developing, amending and maintaining resource utilisation and cost loading plans, inclusive of forecasting
- Active management of risks and issues. This includes driving clarity on the business/financial impact of risks/issues, agreeing mitigating actions, and driving teams to deliver on those actions.
To be considered for this role, it would be good to have:
- Strong planning experience in the energy infrastructure industry is essential for this role
- Demonstrable experience in planning using Microsoft Project /P6 Primavera demonstrating competence in drafting plans from conception through to construction and completion
- Experience of the overall planning required on large, complex multidisciplinary projects including planning, financial management and resource scheduling at scale within commercially diverse teams and the ability to represent that at programme and organisation level to inform the senior team
- Strong knowledge of programme & gated governance in a PMO environment
- Excellent stakeholder management expertise with the ability to communicate to various levels up to senior management
- Proactive, forward thinking with the ability to work in an agile working environment and Experience creating and producing dashboards and reports to help inform senior management decision making