5 months ago
Piping Project Engineer - Gas Turbines
Fully Remote position
This position is responsible for developing piping system designs that meet code, contract, and schedule requirements for gas turbine projects.
Major Responsibilities and Activities:
- Interpret and respond to piping technical inquiries from customers, vendors, and field personnel with minimum supervision.
- Interpret, integrate, and improve design requirements from parent company.
- Ability to work closely with the parent company on weekly basis to establish timelines and obtain critical documents within the timeline.
- With/through purchasing department expedite Sub-contractors with respect to engineering and manufacturing matters. Responsibilities are but not limited to review of progress reports, periodic shop visits to their facilities.
- Ability to review project contracts, schedules, and requirements in detail to determine piping requirements, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Ability to participate in projects kick-off meeting and develop/maintain master document list for piping group.
- Ability to review isometrics and other piping related mechanical drawings with minimum supervision.
- Ability to review P&IDs and equipment drawings against piping drawings.
- Ability to prepare piping component lists (valve list, specialty component list, etc.) using P&IDs and reports out of 3D models.
- Ability to extract reports out of piping 3D models (SP3D).
- Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
- Understand piping design philosophy and ability to perform piping designs from time to time.
- General understanding of pipe stress analysis and pipe supports.
- General knowledge of materials and piping hardware (bolts, nuts, and gaskets) in the preparation of piping, valve, and support technical specifications and subsequent purchasing.
- Understand and interoperate ASME B31.1 and B31.3 Codes. Ensure that piping code requirements are correctly defined and incorporated into the design and vendor requirements.
- Prepare inquiry and purchase specifications for piping fabrication, pipe supports, piping hardware, and especial elements in piping systems (Flex Hoses, strainers, orifice plates, etc.).