Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
*Preference is USC or GC holders, also open those eligible for TN visas or those that have their EAD and are in the process of obtaining their GC.
*Can be remote for 3 months, but then must relocate to the Lake Mary, Florida area.
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for developing piping system designs that satisfies code, contract and schedule requirements for Gas Turbine power projects in the Americas.
Major Responsibilities and Activities:
- Understanding of piping design philosophy and ability to perform piping designs for high energy and process piping per applicable ASME codes and standards.
- Proficiency with 3D pipe modeling software (e.g. PDS, PDMS, SP3D).
- Good understanding of thermal growth/expansion of the piping systems.
- Familiarity with pipe supports including but not limited to variable spring supports, constant spring supports, rigid supports, and snubbers.
- Familiarity with piping materials and classes. Prepare plot plans, piping arrangements, isometric, construction, and spool drawings for field and shop fabrication.
- Interpret and respond to technical inquiries from customer, vendors and field personnel. Interpret and integrate design requirements from parent company.
- Meet Schedule requirements for engineering deliverables to ensure project schedules are met.
- Develop processes and procedures that will ensure an effective and optimized use of resources while providing high quality design packages.
- Strive for excellence through developing concepts to improve piping systems and reduce costs.
- Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
- Interface with EPC contractor, customer, parent, and affiliated companies in periodical meetings to ensure understanding of engineering matters.
- Perform other technical Project implementation duties as required by the Company from time to time.
- Protect Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties and maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Ability to perform multi-tasks and perform multidisciplinary communication.
Ø Education / Experience Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Engineering. Minimum five (5) years and maximum ten (10) years of directly related technical experience.
Ø Desirable But Not Required: Associate Degree. Experience with 3D modeling software catalogue module. Ability to export 3D models into pipe stress software (e.g. Caesar II).