12 months ago
A unique opportunity for an experienced originator to join an innovative European renewable energy IPP, specializing in the development, financing, construction, and operations of wind, solar, hydro and bioenergy assets worldwide. The portfolio currently stands at over 525MW across 50+ operational sites worth over $3 billion, with a siginifcant portfolio and pipeline throughout the USA.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Power Marketer / Originator will direct and lead in identifying, evaluating, structuring and developing projects across the US, as well as negotiating Power Purchase Agreements, establishing pricing models and all variations hedges.
The successful candidate will have intimate knowledge of energy market dynamics and the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations and trends affecting the renewable energy market.
- Lead and manage the ongoing business plan process with the CEO. A key component is to identify and evaluate M&A opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential off takers, including but not limited to; utilities, power marketers, financial institutions as well as corporate clients.
- Review and evaluate requests for Request for Proposals (“RFPs”) and Request for Bids (“RFBs”) while working in conjunction with the project finance and development teams.
- Analyze and provide data to support recommendations for appropriate pricing levels in negotiations for development projects.
- Lead negotiations of PPAs or alternative off take arrangements.
- Understand various REC and carbon markets for optimization of projects and be able to transact at maximum value for the company.
- Understand and know regional grids (SERC, WECC, MISO, SPP, PJM, NYISO, NEPOOL), structures and pricing of recent off take agreements for Projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential developers and other industry contacts to identify projects for acquisition and/or joint development opportunities in line with the strategy outlined in the business plan.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials and strategies for all active projects, including potential acquisition or joint development targets.
- Maintain an active understanding of market transactions on a comparable basis with projects.
- Prior experience and track record in power marketing and originating is required.
- 5 + years’ experience performing various energy sales and energy marketing functions.
- 5 + years’ experience in structuring and analyzing energy transactions with a proven understanding of commodity risk management concepts.
- Proven track record in evaluating and structuring PPA, fixed price swaps, put options, zero cost collars and other market driven transaction concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and statistical modeling is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies.
- High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Strong, communication and interpersonal skills to assertively negotiate transactions and settlements.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.