3 months ago
Operations Manager (combined cycle gas turbine power station)
Location: Great Island CCGT, County Wexford, Ireland
Salary: €Competitive + performance-related bonus + relocation considered + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
TGRC are working with one of the UK’s largest energy suppliers, primarily a developer, an operator and an owner of low-carbon energy assets and businesses, with a strategic focus on regulated electricity networks and renewable energy. More broadly they are involved in the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity, the production, storage, distribution, and supply of gas and in the provision of energy-related services.
- As Operations Manager/Production Manager of a 464MW combined cycle gas turbine power station, you'll report into the Power Station Manager and take the lead role in managing the Production Department.
- You will be accountable for safely delivering electricity and ancillary services and for executing the routine and corrective maintenance plan.
- As a senior manager, you'll have several areas of responsibility, including:
- Setting and maintaining high standards in relation to Safety, Health and Environmental performance, ensuring O&M procedures and work instructions are maintained in line with company and regulatory obligations.
- The coordination and control of the station's Production functions i.e. shift operations and maintenance departments. This includes providing a first responder service during incidents.
- The development and maintenance of the station business continuity plan.
- Controlling the departmental budget, reporting on the variances, and contributing to the long- and short-term strategy of the station.
- Providing leadership, direction, and development throughout the department to actively encourage a culture of involvement, engagement and teamwork.
- A proven track record at a senior level in an operation and / or maintenance environment, coupled with a good understanding of the energy market.
- Experience managing budgets and be comfortable setting up and managing contracts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with proficient organisation skills and a strength in developing and nourishing positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of leading and coaching a diverse team within an inclusive and collaborative environment to achieve high performance outcomes.
- A high appreciate of Safety, Health and Environmental performance with a track recording of continuous improvement and behavioural change
- 10% skills allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
- 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our Company Advantage scheme
- Professional development allowance
- Car allowance
- Performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
If this looks like the role for you, feel free to contact Charles below.
+44 (0) 2045667162