26 days ago
A leading Commercial Solar company in Sydney are seeking an Operations Director to join their well-established team
As Operations Director you will be a confident leader with the responsibility for the coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of Solar PV projects according to deadlines and budget. You will manage the daily operations to ensure that Solar projects are running smoothly, thus guaranteeing company productivity
This role requires strategic leadership and management skills, commercial, reporting and financial management, people management and operational quality management. You will have a strong communication with team members, internal departments and external consultants to deliver Solar PV projects to plan.
As Operations Director you will:
· Plan, develop, lead, implement and evaluate strategies for operational, project management and development to meet agreed organisational performance goals and objectives
· Lead, direct and oversee business operations including staff leadership and management to motivate, encourage and inspire the development of a strong, efficient and effective team
· Ensure a professional, proactive, customer oriented and value-driven culture.
· Lead the development of corporate strategies and plans
· Undertake forward planning across Project management, Logistics, Installation, Performance Monitoring, Design, Safety & Risk, Portfolio/Program Management and Business Services functions.
· Provide expert, authoritative and strategic advice to the leadership team on all aspects of operations and activities including emerging trends, and risks and opportunities impacting on service delivery and statutory compliance.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required from you:
· Qualification in Project Management or Operations
· 10+ years supporting the delivery of complex multi-stakeholder programmes and projects in construction, PMO or similar, and/or indirectly managing programmes and projects
· Experience in the renewable energy sector in Australia
· Eligibility to work in Australia
· Experience in establishing new systems and supporting the establishment of new projects, in addition to managing existing systems and projects
· Understanding of a range of different project management methodologies that could be applied to projects to support innovation
· Solid experience in resource planning and management with experience managing teams and people with strong organisation and planning skills to build a new team and capability
· Expert in installation and project management methodologies and processes
· Ability to manage several projects and work streams simultaneously